top of page

Bank of England Confirms Interest Rate Hold


Bank of England Confirms Interest Rate Hold

The Bank of England (BoE) has officially confirmed that it will maintain the current UK interest rate of 5.25%. This decision comes as inflation continues to recede and follows a consistent series of interest rate hikes, which came to a halt in September after 14 consecutive increases.


Financial markets widely anticipated this announcement, with a 94% probability of "no change." Only a 6% chance was given for a 0.25% hike, which would have brought the rate to 5.5%. The BoE's decision aligns with the latest UK inflation figures, which remained at 6.7% in the year leading up to September. This rate is unchanged from the previous month but significantly exceeds the Bank's target of 2%.


Comentarios


bottom of page